Arion Press Photos, Prints, and Portfolios
Many Arion Press titles are sold with separate editions of photographs, prints and portfolios. The list below includes links to online gallery pages showcasing original artworks by Jim Dine, Robert Graham, Bruce Conner, William Blake, Michael Kenna, Stephen Shore, William T. Wiley, and others.
This price list shows all Arion Press photographs, prints, and portfolios currently available, including those titles where only a few copies remain in inventory. The listing is in reverse chronological order, giving publication number, artist, author, title, author of introduction, year of publication, edition size, and price. Click on each title or "view images" link to see more.
108. The Little of our Earthly Trust, poetry by Elizabeth Bishop, selected and with an introduction by Helen Vendler and with twenty-four prints by John Newman, signed by the artist, November 2016. Book & Print edition: 30, $1,500. View book images.
View extra print.
107. Pedro Páramo, by Juan Rulfo, translated by Margaret Sayers Peden, with a new introduction by Alfred Mac Adam, and ten two-color, two-sided prints by Enrique Chagoya, September 2016. Nine-color relief print, entitled “Nahvi Olin”, with book. . Book & Print edition: 30, $2,350. View print.
104. The Lulu Plays, two plays by FRANK WEDEKIND, with 4 prints by WILLIAM KENTRIDGE, signed by the artist, September 2015. Extra suite of 67 drawings bound into the book. . Book & Suite edition: 40, $18,000. View prints.
101. What the End is For, a selection of poetry by JORIE GRAHAM, with 16 prints by JULIAN LETHBRIDGE, signed by the artist, November 2014. Extra suite of four prints in portfolio. Book & Suite edition: 30, $4,850.View prints.
99. Animal Farm, the novel by GEORGE ORWELL, introduction by PETER STANSKY, with 24 prints by JONATHAN HAMMER, signed by the artist, December 2013. Extra suite of 24 hand-colored prints in portfolio. Book & Suite edition: 30, $5,400.View prints.
98. KARA WALKER, artist. Porgy & Bess, the libretto by DUBOSE HEYWARD and IRA GERSHWIN, with 16 lithorgraphs by Kara Walker, November 2013. Suite of 4 additional lithographs in portfolio (images not in book). Book & suite edition 40. $11,750.00. View prints.
94. MICHAEL KENNA, photographer. Thomas Jefferson’s Paris Walks, text by DIANA KETCHAM, with forty-six photographs by Michael Kenna, and period maps of Jefferson’s Paris, June 2012. Book with original signed photograph: $2,600.00. View images.
93. JULIE MEHRETU, artist. Poetry of Sappho, in Greek with English translations by JOHN DALEY with PAGE DUBOIS, with 20 prints by Julie Mehretu, 2011. Extra suite of 4 prints in portfolio (images not in book). Book & suite edition: 40. Price: $11,750.00. View prints.
MICHAEL KENNA, artist. Eight Original Signed Photographs by photographer Michael Kenna are available for sale, in editions of three, at $2,250 to $4,750 each. Sales support the Grabhorn Institute. View images.
STEPHEN SHORE, artist. “Equipment” Series Photographs. Five new prints by photographer Stephen Shore are available for sale, in editions of three, at $2,500 each. Sales support the Grabhorn Institute. View images.
87. KIKI SMITH, artist. I Love My Love by HELEN ADAM, with 16 prints of her own hair by Kiki Smith, 2009.
86. and 89. WILLIAM T. WILEY, artist. Don Quixote Book I and Book II by MIGUEL DE CERVANTES, with 42 illustrations by William T. Wiley, 2009.
83. FRANK LOBDELL, artist. The Structure of Rime by ROBERT DUNCAN, with two etchings by Frank Lobdell inset into the front and back covers, accompanied by a separate print, 2008.
77. WILLIAM T. WILEY, artist. Fifty unique hand-colored prints for Godot, an imaginary staging in pictures of Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett.
76. MARK ULRIKSEN, artist. A Day in the Bleachers by ARNOLD HANO, with illustrations by Mark Ulriksen, 2006.
70. STEPHEN SHORE, artist. The Age of Innocence by EDITH WHARTON, with an introduction by Diane Johnson, thirty-three color photographs by Stephen Shore, 2004.
63. BRUCE CONNER, artist. The Ballad of Lemon & Crow by GLENN TODD, new fiction, with six photogravures by Bruce Conner and anonymous artists, signed by author and artists, 2002.
62. WILLIAM MATTHEWS, artist. Arcadia by TOM STOPPARD, with a foreword by the playwright, an introduction by Diana Ketcham, and four views of Sidley Park by William Matthews, 2001.
61. WILLIAM T. WILEY and KARL BISSINGER, artists. The Voices of Marrakesh by ELIAS CANETTI, 29 photographs by Karl Bissinger, and 6 etchings by William T. Wiley, signed, 2001.
56. MEL KENDRICK, artist. Kora in Hell by WILLIAM CARLOS WILLIAMS, prose-poetry from 1920, with an introduction by Lawrence Kart, and 21 prints by Mel Kendrick, signed, 1998.
55. CARROLL DUNHAM, artist. The Alienist by MACHADO DE ASSIS, a novella from Brazil, 1881, translated from the Portuguese by Alfred Mac Adam, with 12 drawings by Carroll Dunham, with extra suite of four relief prints, "The Alienist's House", signed, 1998.
52. JIM DINE, artist, Ape & Cat, 18 photogravures in an accordion-fold album, with The Madonna of the Future by HENRY JAMES, introduction by Arthur Danto, two volumes in box with lead-alloy bas-relief sculpture by Jim Dine on lid, signed, 1997.
46. ROBERT GRAHAM, artist. Lie, Sit, Stand, Be Still by MICHAEL McCLURE, a poem with an introduction by the poet, 24 sheets of poetry interleaved with 24 lithographs by Robert Graham, in box with bronze bas-relief sculpture by Graham, signed, 1995.
41. JIM DINE, artist. The Case of the Wolf-Man by SIGMUND FREUD, introduction by Richard Wollheim, with 5 etchings and 6 woodcuts by Jim Dine, signed, 1993.
34. MEL BOCHNER, artist. On Certainty by LUDWIG WITTGENSTEIN, introduction by Arthur Danto, with 12 relief prints by Mel Bochner, with suite of 12 larger-format prints, in portfolio, signed, 1991.
32. JIM DINE, artist. Biotherm by FRANK O'HARA, essay and glossary by Bill Berkson, with 42 lithographs by Jim Dine, one hand-colored, in portfolio, signed, 1990.
20. ANDREW JACKSON GRAYSON, artist, Birds of the Pacific Slope, 156 bird portraits by Grayson (1816-69), in portfolio box, with companion volume, a biography of Grayson by Lois Stone and Grayson's ornithological notes, 1986.
08. SHAPED POETRY, various artists, Shaped Poetry, 26 of 30 prints are now available for individual sale. Price: $200.
To order or obtain more information about individual titles, contact Arion Press. Publications can be viewed at and purchased from the Press in San Francisco.
Search Arion Press