Arion Press Special Sale
Arion Press is offering a very limited number of desirable and hard-to-find Arion titles, officially noted as out of print, from recently discovered inventory. This is an unusual opportunity to acquire Arion books that seldom appear on the rare books market. The prices are fixed and reflect current values, which are higher than the announced price at publication. Sales are made on a first come basis, so you are advised to act quickly. (Last updated 12/10/12.)
These books are generally in as-new condition. However, certain books are marked with an asterisk. Please call for details on the book's condition.
1. Picture Poems by ANDREW HOYEM, catalogue of drawings with related writings, 1961-1974, for an exhibition at the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, 1975.
4. A Travel Book by FRED MARTIN, with 78 drawings signed by Martin, 1976.
8. Shaped Poetry, edited by GLENN TODD, suite of 30 typographic prints, each on a different handmade paper in a wide range of typefaces and a variety of colors, presenting poems written in shapes from 300 b.c.e. to the present, with a volume of notes on the selections by Glenn Todd and Andrew Hoyem, 1981.
15. The Great Gatsby by F. SCOTT FITZGERALD, illustrated with 97 drawings by MICHAEL GRAVES.
17. Poems by WALLACE STEVENS, selected and with an introduction by Helen Vendler, with a frontispiece etching by JASPER JOHNS, signed, 1985.
18. The World Is Round by GERTRUDE STEIN, with pictures by CLEMENT HURD and with a companion volume, The World Is Not Flat by Edith Thacher Hurd, 1986.
19. The Big Sleep by RAYMOND CHANDLER, with an introduction by Lawrence Clark Powell and with 40 photographs by LOU STOUMEN, 1986.
24. Captivity Narrative of Hannah Duston, events of 1697 related by Cotton Mather, John Greenleaf Whittier, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Henry David Thoreau, with an introduction by Glenn Todd and with 35 woodblock prints signed by RICHARD BOSMAN, 1987.
26. The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman by LAURENCE STERNE, with an essay by Melvyn New and with 39 photo-collages (with excerpts from the novel) signed by JOHN BALDESSARI, presented separately in three volumes, 1988.
27. Ulysses by James Joyce, with 40 etchings by Robert Motherwell, 1988. Available only with extra suite of 22 Motherwell etchings, in portfolio box, signed and numbered by the artist.
27. Ulysses by JAMES JOYCE, printer's edition, 1988.
29. The World by CZESLAW MILOSZ, with an introductory essay by Helen Vendler and a portrait of the poet in dry-point engraving with chine collé by JIM DINE, 1989.